Last thursday, Mayor Esther Manheimer signed a proclamation declaring the week of Labor Day in September “Asheville Entrepreneurship Week,” a celebration of Asheville’s growing startups, innovative businesses, and entrepreneurs from every industry.
Led by the Hatch AVL Foundation and Venture Asheville, Asheville Entrepreneurship Week features events including the Living Asheville Arts Festival (LAAF), 2 Lunch-and-Learns at The Collider, an Intro to the Startup Scene event, WNC Press Pass at Hatchworks, TedXAsheville, and a Coworking Crawl.
Here are a few events to be sure to check out –
Sunday, Sept. 2
- LAAF (Living Asheville Arts Festival) | 12 – 9 p.m. | Lexington Ave. | A free street festival celebrating all that is Asheville.
Tuesday, Sept. 4
- Intro to the Startup Scene| 4 – 6 p.m. | Hatch AVL | Join Jeff Kaplan, the Asheville Chamber’s new Director of Entrepreneurship and Director of Venture Asheville, and co-founder of Supportedly, Stephanie Kissel for a 1-hour primer on AVL’s startup ecosystem at Hatchworks Coworking. Drinks provided.
Wednesday, Sept. 5
- 1 Million Cups 4th Anniversary | 9 – 11 a.m. | Asheville Social Hall | Celebrate the past 4 years of 1 Million Cups Asheville with a special program, live raffle, networking, complimentary local bites, coffee + morning cocktails.
Thursday, Sept. 6
- Free Collider Lunch and Learn: Building flagship email products | 12 – 1 p.m. | The Collider | Learn about using email in a meaningful way to drive great results, enhance the product experience, and even act as the backbone of your email program with Drew Price, who leads Product Marketing at Gammarly.
- Asheville Coworking Crawl | 5 – 8 p.m. | Meet at Hatch AVL |Tour Hatch AVL, The Collider, Mojo, and The Focal Point. Equipped with short rides, cool friends, big ideas, and local beer. Tickets are $10.
Friday, Sept. 7
- WNC Press Pass | 12 – 1:30 p.m. | Hatch AVL | Hear from Capital at Play, AshVegas, WNC Woman, AVLtoday, Hola Carolina. This is event is free, open to the public, but RSVP here.
Sunday, Sept. 9
- TedX Asheville | 7:30 p.m. | Isis Music Hall | The theme ‘Higher Ground’ is about reaching for, and sharing, thought-provoking ideas and sounds from our mountain city.
See the full itinerary here.