$182 million. That’s the combined lifetime revenue earned by Asheville’s 15 fastest growing startups of 2021.
Last week’s Venture 15 and Venture Asheville Honors celebrated the accomplishments of these businesses, plus doled out awards for local leaders. For those who may have missed out on the party, here’s the highlight reel.
The big picture
- These 15 startups generate 367 high-wage jobs in Buncombe County, with 30% of those being created in the last 12 months.
- Industries represented include four food + beverage, three tech, three health, three outdoor recreation, and two makers.
- 73% were co-founded and 46% were female-founded.
The top five
Note — CAGR stands for Compounded Annual Growth Rate, the rate of how fast a company or revenue is growing.
1. Nomadic Software | This full-service digital marketing + software agency helps transform strategy and production for businesses across the country.
- CAGR: 166.03%
- Employees: 15
- Founders: Nathan Silsbee, Brian Hennessy, Michael Burgin
- Fun fact: Nomadic works with local biz (and one of 2020’s fastest growing startups) Elite HRV.
2. SDV Office Systems | This biz specializes in interior design and project management of complex office furniture projects.
- CAGR: 144.46%
- Employees: 7
- Founders: Dan Whisnant, Tyler Whisnant
- Fun fact: This office systems company is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business and serves over 100,000 veterans.
3. Ecobot | This app helps environmental scientists fill out forms and facilitate consulting projects in an exceptionally efficient and accurate manner.
- CAGR: 106.78%
- Employees: 10
- Founders: Lee Lance, Jeremy Schewe
- Fun fact: This app was inspired as a solution for the tedious paperwork that accompanies environmental field work.
4. Lantern Health | A direct primary care health clinic that offers monthly memberships.
- CAGR: 92.27%
- Founders: Dr. Ben Aiken
- Fun fact: The company originally launched under the name Avenu Health in 2018 before rebranding to its current name.
5. Range Urgent Care | Health clinic that delivers premium care with affordable and transparent prices.
- CAGR: 88.06%
- Employees: 11+
- Founders: Mathew Trowbridge, Dr. Stephanie Trowbridge
- Fun fact: In addition to primary care services, Range also offers hydration therapy, which delivers fluids, electrolytes, and vitamins directly to your bloodstream.