’Tis the season for admiring festive + twinkling lights. To get you started on a spirited holiday season, today we’re bringing you the best spots in town to see dazzling holiday light displays.
- America’s largest private residence is never more captivating than during the holidays, when folks can enjoy the estate’s Candlelight Christmas Evenings. This nighttime tour inside the estate features the incandescent glow of 50+ ornately decorated trees, lights, candles, and more and is available for viewing through Sun., Jan. 9, 2022. Pssst: Don’t forget to stroll through Antler Hill Village.
- This driving-only tour includes 50 animated and stationary light displays circling Lake Julian Park. The season kicks off with the “walk through night,” on Wed., Dec. 1 — the only night you can walk through the park to see the lights. Best of all? 20% of proceeds go to Buncombe County Special Olympics.
- Looking for something a bit more luxe? Head to the Omni Grove Park Inn, where you’ll find dozens of decorated trees along the Inn’s halls. Better still, you can peep the display of the National Gingerbread House Competition’s entries on view through Sun., Jan. 2, 2022.
- Less than an hour away in Tryon, you’ll find Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland, a drive-thru experience featuring two miles of animated lights synchronized to holiday music.Catch it now through Sun., Jan. 2, 2022.
- Wanna see hundreds of thousands of colorful, twinkling lights over fun + whimsical exhibits? Then don’t miss this local tradition, which runs through Sat., Jan. 1, 2022. It returns to its original walk-through format for 2021 and also brings back the 50-ft lighted tree and rainbow-dappled unicorns from last year. Pro Tip: Don’t miss the hot chocolate station with homemade marshmallows.