Mother’s Day is Sun., May 9 (this upcoming weekend!), making it the perfect time to celebrate all the mothers in our lives. Whether they gave birth to you, raised you, adopted you as their own, or were a great role model – all these ladies deserve a little love. No matter who is “mom” to you, use this day to show them just how much you care.
If you are looking for the perfect gift for your mom or the best place to spoil her with a tasty meal, we have the perfect Asheville Mother’s Day gift guide for you.
Kick the day off by giving your ma a lovely surprise. 💐Try any of these gift ideas out for size:
For the plant lover…
○ Biltmore Annual Passes are a gift that will keep on giving all year. She can enjoy the beautiful spring + summer blooms, Christmas at Biltmore, and any other special events or exhibits.
○ Annual passes to the NC Arboretum are another excellent option for a mom who’s passionate about botanicals, sprawling trees, nature-focused art + meandering, peaceful trails.
For the foodie….
○ From the same folks who brought us Cúrate , the Cúrate Wine Club has put together a tasteful gift box that includes pink sparkling wine, Spicewalla spices + a box of delectable, chocolate-stuffed dried figs. Order here.
○ French Broad Chocolates has two special chocolate sets— “cocktail” (inspired by beloved libations like margaritas + French 77s) and “flora” (inspired by blooms like rose + hibiscus) — for all the moms who have a perpetual sweet tooth.
For the adventurer…
○ Hook your mama up with fresh adventure gear, like hiking boots or a new backpack. Try Mast General Store, Diamond Brand Outdoors or REI to find your perfect gift. or…check out Second Gear for a killer deal.
○ Sometimes the best kind of gift is a new experience. Check out the day-hike + overnight backpacking adventures offered by Blue Ridge Hiking Co. + Asheville Adventure Co. There’s also yoga hikes, forest bathing trips + winery tours available through Asheville Wellness Tours.
For the self-care enthusiast…
○ How about a massage from one of Asheville’s many massage therapists? Or, give her a little at-home pampering with natural, handmade skincare from C&Co like body butter, soaps, soaking salts + more.
Spots for brunch + beyond
After spoiling your mama with a gift, treat her to a meal to continue the day of celebration. Try one of these places:
Blue Ridge at the Omni Grove Park Inn |📍290 Macon Ave. | Indulge your mama with an endless spread of soups, salads, desserts, and breakfast fare at this gourmet brunch buffet. Peep the springy, yet decadent menu here.
La Bodega by Cúrate |📍32 S. Lexington Ave. | Bring a colorful, Spanish-inspired feast home for mom that involves cheese, duck, mushroom terrine, salad, whole-roasted trout, asparagus, dessert + (somehow) more. Place your to-go order here; limited in-person reservations are also available.
Hemingway’s Cuba |📍15 Page Ave. | Enjoy paella mariscos with shrimp, mussels + lobster, or paella valenciana with rabbit, chicken + chorizo on this swanky rooftop eatery, along with a full dinner menu from 3-9:00 p.m. There’s also the Mother May drink special with grapefruit vodka, St. Germain, and lemon juice. Make a reservation here.
Isa’s French Bistro |📍1 Battery Park | In addition to having a full brunch + dinner menu, Isa’s will offer a classic French beef dish, Chateaubriand as a special for two, which you can enjoy on the bistro’s recently expanded patio space. Reservations encouraged.