Since Governor Roy Cooper announced that NC would move to Phase 2 of reopening on May 20, restaurants have started to reopen for dine-in at 50% capacity, with social distancing + additional cleaning measures. One popular social distance measure? Outdoor dining, since it allows for more space between guests – and because the weather outside right now is oh-so-nice.
We’ve had several questions from our readers about what restaurants are offering outdoor dining, so we made a list of restaurants in town who have opened their patios + porches for hungry eaters, based on your feedback. Plus, we’re highlighting some unique ways places are implementing social distancing.
Protip: Be sure to check the comments for even more of your additions.
Phase 3, which would allow restaurants to up their capacity, and would also allow businesses like bars to reopen, could begin at the end of this month.
Curious about the guidelines keeping outdoor diners safe? Check out these resources from Asheville Independent Restaurant Association.
- Temporary Outdoor Expansion Guidelines
- Temporary Outdoor Expansion on Public Sidewalk Guidelines
- ABC Commission Guidance for Phase 2 – Executive Order 141
- Temporary Extension of Premises Guidelines – Phase 2
Want even more options? Click here for a list of locations offering indoor, carryout, or delivery.
Note: COVID-19 has caused many places to change their hours, so double check before heading over.
Some restaurants are thinking outside the box when it comes to social distancing + cleaning. Measures range from digital menus to teddy bears taking up seats. Check out some of our favorite innovations from around town. ⬇️
- Reservation only + must use phones to access menu
- All dishes + cutlery will be disposable.
- The brewery has installed handwashing stations, digital menus + hands-free bathroom door openers.
- The Cuban restaurant used giant teddy bears to take up seats inside to help ensure social distancing.
Did we miss your favorite spot? Let us know in the comments. ⬇️ We know this list isn’t exhaustive, so we’re counting on you – our loyal readers – to keep us updated by adding your entries below.