Cuffing season is coming to an end + it’s time for singles to shine. Wait – that’s not one of the four seasons, what are you talking about?
Cuffing season is a period of time where singles look for partners to pass the colder months of the year – October through March, with Valentine’s Day considered the championship game. But now that the sunshine and warmer temps are on the horizon, many people are excited to be single + ready to mingle, which is great for single Ashevillians.
Why? Because Asheville is one of the best places for single people. In fact, according to Money.com, Asheville ranks No. 5 on their list of The Best Places to Live for Singles: 7 Cities That Are Fun, Friendly, and Affordable. Some of the other cities to make the list include Greenville, Santa Fe, and Portland.
That’s right, Robby | Gif via Giphy
So what about Asheville is so great for singles?
First, the article describes Asheville as “small enough for those looking for a tight-knit community, while being large enough to boast big-city levels of arts, music, food and fun.”
Asheville by the numbers:
- Population: 93,904
- Median home listing price: $540,561
- Median household income: $56,576
- Restaurants per 1,000 residents: 12
- 25+ museums, art galleries, and studios
- 3,000+miles of nearby hiking trails
- 94 bars and breweries
Other highlights include:
- The ease of going on solo trips – museums, galleries, hiking trails, and more. There is always something to do.
- How easy it is to find a like-minded community – with lots of religious organizations, gyms, bars, social + civic organizations, and dining options, it should be easy to find people who like to do the same things as you.
- Our food scene – Asheville is definitely a foodie city, but did you know we have more restaurants per capita than any other city on the list?
- You can visit one brewery a week + it would take almost two years to hit them all.
The piece also declares that Asheville is best for self-proclaimed foodies, creative types, and trendsetters. So many of y’all told us you found love in Asheville…so maybe this ranking really right on the *money.*