October was packed with festivals, openings, and events. Think you can remember them all? Pick up your pencils (or type directly into the puzzle) and try this crossword puzzle featuring clues from stories we’ve shared in the newsletter and through Instagram over the past month.
Don’t scroll down until you’re ready to see the answers.
2. Roll Up Herbal Bar — This mobile mocktail bar debuted a refurbished 1971 VW bus.
4. Old Fort — The G5 Trail Collective received $2.5 million to build more trails in this nearby town.
6. Eulogy — Burial Beer Co.'s new music venue.
7. Ellington — The last name of the architect who created many of Asheville’s art deco buildings.
10. Monarchs — This species of butterfly began migrating south to Mexico.
12. Katie Button — This local chef cooked a White House State Dinner this month.
1. Taco Boy — This restaurant opened in Biltmore Park serving Mexican-inspired cuisine.
3. Carolina CiderFest — You may have sipped on apple-based bevs at this inaugural festival.
5. Open Mic — AVLtoday hosted a storytelling ____ ___ on Monday, Oct. 30.
8. LEAF — This annual arts + culture festival returned to Lake Eden.
9. Snow — High-elevation areas of the Blue Ridge Parkway experienced this winter weather on Monday, Oct. 16.
11. History — The Asheville Museum of _______ opened in the Smith-McDowell House.