Dads. We love them. We groan at their jokes. And on Sun., June 21, we’ll be celebrating all the father figures in our life in honor of Father’s Day. But before you go out and purchase another version of last year’s necktie, why don’t you check out our local Father’s Day gift guide?
We’ve got ideas on everything from fun activities to thoughtful gifts to tasty treats, so you can have the perfect day planned, with plenty of time to spare.
For the thrill-seeker
- Asheville Adventure Company offers an exciting slew of local hiking, paddling, rafting + biking adventures for varying levels of ability and mobility.
- If you’d rather strike out on your own journey, you can also rent a kayak or tube from French Broad Outfitters and spend the day out on the French Broad Paddle Trail.
- Give your pops an incredible bird’s eye view of the mountains with a ziplining adventure at Navitat Canopy Adventures in Barnardsville. Tickets for a treetop tour start at $99 per person, and include zips up to 1,250 ft. long and 200 ft. high.
For the man that likes to eat (and drink)
- La Bodega by Cúrate is offering a Father’s Day Feast that’s fit for a king. The 6-course meal serves up to 4 and includes Spanish delicacies such as housemade sobrasada (raw, paprika-spiced, cured sausage that’s eaten like pâté), wine-braised Apple Brandy beef short ribs, duck fat-confit potatoes + burnt basque-style cheesecake. The $155 package is available for preorder now and can be picked up from Fri., June 18- Sun., June 20.
- Now that breweries are officially open again, why not take your pops on an Asheville brewery tour? While some of our local faves are Highland Brewing Co., Wicked Weed + Sierra Nevada, we are lucky to have 30+ options to choose from, which you can read all about in our official guide to Asheville breweries.
- Top shelf bourbon + craft beer + gourmet chocolate = a happy dad. Check out French Broad Chocolate Lounge’s Beer & Bourbon Bars, which source Makers Mark and Knob Creek bourbon, as well as Burial Beer for a smoky, sweet blend of chocolate treats. You can order the full collection package (free shipping included) for $50.
- In honor of the holiday, The Biltmore Shop is offering a 20% discount on select red wines and a 10% discount on its beef collection. The store also sells fun gifts like hats, cheese boards, hot sauce + gourmet mustard and spice rubs.
For the brainy dad
- If your dad loves nothing more than a good read, take him for an outing at the Battery Park Book Exchange. It’s the perfect spot to sip on a glass of wine (or bubbly) and explore the wide world of used and antique books — not to mention the space itself is quite posh. ProTip: This spot also features live jazz Saturdays from 5-7 p.m.
- Another legendary spot for local book-lovers is Malaprop’s Bookstore, which is open for appointments daily on Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m.- 3 p.m. Book one for your dad here.
For the gamer
- Take your dad to the Asheville Retrocade — and for only $10 apiece — enjoy unlimited all-day access to over 5,000 video games, pinball machines, skeeball + more. This hip spot also offers craft beer + wine, Coke products, and a chill patio space to unwind after that round of foosball gets a little too intense.
- Does your dad have a need for speed? Give him a one-of-a-kind racing experience at The Track at Asheville, which offers 12 state-of-the-art racing rigs that recreate a stunningly similar experience to being in an actual Formula One race car, rumbles, wrecks, and all.