A state-of-the-art nature center isn’t the only thing Grandfather Mountain is launching this summer—starting Thurs., July 14, the nature park will launch a series of inspirational presentations for their 2022 Grandfather Presents Speaker Series.
The series will feature locally and nationally recognized names in conservation, adventure, and media, including Rick Ridgeway, Conor Knighton, & Ginger Zee. Attendees will also get to explore the new Wilson Center for Nature Discovery, opening in June and featuring interactive exhibits, a theater + more.
Guests can choose between Thursdays and Saturdays on dates throughout July-September.
- Thursdays: $50 per person | Includes light bites + drinks 5:30-6 p.m. | Presentation 6-7 p.m. + book signing
- Saturdays: Included with admission I Presentation 2-3 p.m. | Chat with speakers before/after
Event tickets go on sale a month in advance. Bonus: Grandfather Mountain Bridge Club members can purchase a series pass at a discounted rate.
- Thurs., July 14: Rick Ridgeway - Adventurer, writer, and advocate for sustainability + conservation
- Sat., July 30: Tracy Swartout - Blue Ridge Parkway Superintendent
- Thurs., August 4: Ginger Zee - ABC News Chief Meteorologist + storm chaser
- Sat., August 13: Charlie Brady - Blue Ridge Conservancy Executive Director
- Sat., Sept. 17: Andy Hill - MountainTrue, Watauga Riverkeeper
- Thurs., Sept. 29: Conor Knighton - CBS Sunday Morning correspondent and author of “Leave Only Footprints,” his real-life tale of visiting every national park.
Bridge Club Member series passes, which include VIP event access each Thursday, go on sale May 1.
To learn more about the 2022 summer speaker series, visit the Grandfather Mountain website.*