One study valued the açaí berry market at $712 million in 2017 + predicted that it will grow at a steady rate of 12.71% by 2025. Did you know? This growth is partly due to the steady influx of vibrant purple açaí bowl pictures on Instagram.
Açaí bowls are a thick, sorbet-like consistency. The açaí bowl base is typically made from açaí fruit pulp, nut milk, dates, and other fruits + topped with an infinite number of combinations like granola, nut butter, banana slices, and coconut flakes. This is different from a smoothie bowl, which may sport similar toppings but consists of different fruits and yields a more liquid-like consistency.
Are you ready to dig in? Here are five spots in Asheville for you to get your açaí + smoothie bowl fix.
Simple Cafe + Juice Bar | 643 Haywood Rd.
- This sweet, plant-based West Asheville cafe offers creative smoothie bases like sunshine creamsicle, strawberry shortcake, and carrot cake.
Mountain Juicery | 1863 Hendersonville Rd. + 637 Spartanburg Hwy.
- Robust options such as the chocolate cherry protein or peanut butter crunch will keep you full for hours.
Pulp + Sprout | 233 S. Liberty St.
- Our favorite is the blueberry diesel bowl, which includes banana, dates, almond butter, and oat milk.
Clean Juice | 28 Schenck Pkwy.
- Wake up with the cold-brew açaí bowl which blends coffee, vanilla, almond butter + comes topped with cacao, chia seeds + bananas.
The Spotted Banana | Locations vary
- Track down this roaming food truck for colorful bowls like the super berry acai and pink pitaya (almond milk, dragonfruit, mango, pineapple, banana).