The last time Benevolent Spirits activated its emergency fundraising campaign, it raised over $17,000 to support area farmers who struggled in the aftermath of Tropical Depression Fred. This week, the initiative (led by Katie Button Restaurants) has rallied again to support the #ChefsForUkraine international meal program.
Now through Tues., March 15, purchase a drink special from these 20+ participating bars and restaurants to help support the cause. All proceeds will be donated to the World Central Kitchen and fund the organization’s mission of feeding folks who are food insecure on the Ukrainian border and in Romania, Moldova, Hungary, and Slovakia.
Thirsty to help? Here are 12 drink specials you can dream about while waiting for happy hour. And if you feel like influencing, snap a photo and share on social media with the hashtags #BenevolentSpirits, #EverySipHelps, #RestaurantsGiveBack, and #ChefsForUkraine.
Downtown + North Asheville
- The Empress | Posana | Gin, lillet blanc, dry curacao, absinthe, and lemon juice.
- Easy Peasy | Buxton Hall BBQ | Tequila, Aperol, orange juice, and soda water.
- Sangria Rojo | La Bodega + Cúrate | Simple and traditional Spanish beverage.
- Maya Margarita | Limones | Mezcal, tamarind juice, orange juice + Cointreau, served with a chapulin (that’s crickets) salt rim.
- When I Get Lo I Get Fi | Chestnut. | House gin, lo-fi aperitifs, honey simple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Golden Girl Hoppy Saison | Archetype Brewing | Tart + hoppy with notes of banana, peppercorn, and lemon — also available at the West Asheville location.
- Stand With Ukraine | Ukiah Restaurant | Gordons gin, Becherovka, lemon, and tamayokucha-infused honey.
- The Jigsaw | Sunny Point Cafe | Gin, maple syrup, lemon oleo, and sparkling wine.
- Benevolent Bell | Haywood Common | Vodka, bell pepper honey syrup, lemon, and dandelion bitters.
- Mimosa | Biscuit Head | Also available at both South Asheville locations.
South + East Asheville
- Lower Falls IPA | Highland Brewing Co. | Light and refreshing IPA.
- The Vanderbilt Martini | Corner Kitchen | Shaken, not stirred.