Back to school season is in full swing, and the 2023-2024 school year is coming up fast. We asked the community to submit wishlists from local educators so we can help them start off the school year with a stocked classroom — without having to dip into their own pockets.
Show some love for these local teachers by purchasing items on their wishlists. Click the links below to shop the full lists, with items going directly to the teachers.
All teachers | Johnston Elementary School
- “If you’ve been looking for a way to serve your community, help out in the schools, or just bring a smile to someone’s face… pick out a couple items on our JES school-wide wishlist.”
All teachers | Mountain City Public Montessori
- “As a new start-up school, we are stocking all the things, and we don’t have much in our budget to do so. We’ve been relying heavily on the generosity of the community.”
Robbie Lipe | Lucy S. Herring Elementary
- “I want to give my students an awesome, fun year in art class.”
Molly Dennehey | Enka High School
- “Her Facebook post says that since she teaches high school, it’s more about making her room comfy and inviting. She is also looking for cushions for the floor because she says her desks are small and many of her students prefer to sit in the floor to do their work.” - Kathye Shuman
Sabine Moses | Erwin High School
- “Thank you for doing this. It’s so hard to provide students with supplies and fun experiences when you’re paying for everything out of pocket.”
April Gragg | Haw Creek Elementary
- “Thank you for supporting my classroom.”
Brenda Thomas | Pisgah Forest Elementary School
- “Although I have taught for 20 years, I am starting over in NC and do not have the funds to make my classroom warm and inviting for my students. Any help would be greatly appreciated.”