While many of us celebrate them regularly, Sun., Sept. 18 is officially National Cheeseburger Day.
Naturally, the AVLtoday team felt obliged to share some of our favorite burger spots so you can commemorate the day accordingly.
- The Double Cheeseburger from Baby Bull is made from a custom blend of Angus brisket, shank + chuck and comes with American cheese, B&B pickles, caramelized onions, and Duke’s Mayo on a pillowy soft potato bun.
- The Madness Burger from The Madness is a mile-high handheld featuring cream cheese, spicy crab salad, crispy fried onion, avocado, lettuce, tomato + unagi sauce. Oh, and it’s topped with a piece of sushi.
- We all know Sand Hill Kitchen reigns supreme when it comes to fried chicken, but its Love Cheeseburger deserves fame in its own right. The 2018 Winner of the Battle of the Burgers is made with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes + grilled onions. We recommend adding pepperjack pimento cheese and bacon.
- Farm Burger is renowned for its burgers, but you won’t miss the meat with its veggie burger. Made with quinoa, black eyed peas, kale, roasted mushrooms, and sweet potatoes, we like this richly-spiced patty best with cheddar and candied jalapenos.
- The Vault Burger from Rankin Vault Cocktail Lounge is widely considered the city’s best burger (as evidenced by multiple Battle of the Burger wins). Nosh on one, made with Hickory Nut Gap beef, bacon, white cheddar, arugula, red onion, and spicy mayo, and it’s easy to see why.