City Editor Brook here. 👋 I recently had the pleasure of swapping my daily coffee for Buchi’s line of new, refreshing elixirs — and at the end of the day, I was tickled pink to discover my get up and go never got up and went.
Energy drinks may give you a boost, but the ingredients don’t always enhance your health. Fortunately, Buchi has launched Living Energy, a new kombucha-based line of energy drinks made with healthy ingredients that provide pep that lasts all day — sans the dreaded mid-afternoon crash.
Want to experience long-lasting energy that helps enhance your cognitive function? Here’s how you can Try This.
What we tried (with pricing):
The Living Energy line comes in two refreshing flavors: sweet + tart Raspberry Lime and zippy Lemon Mint. While they’re both tasty, I prefer the fruit forward taste of Raspberry Lime.
What not to miss:
The line is available at local retailers including Rosetta’s Kitchen & Buchi Bar. Here’s a look at some of the top ingredients + benefits:
- L-theanine: an amino acid (found in green + black teas and some mushrooms) that can boost cognitive performance and calm the nervous system
- Lion’s mane: an edible medicinal mushroom that supports cognitive function (think: memory and alertness)
- Clean caffeine: naturally-derived from green coffee bean extract, which provides sustained energy without the crash
- Live + active cultures: supports digestive health by nourishing the good bacteria (aka probiotics) in your gut — with none of the stomach upset that can come from coffee
What we’re still talking about:
The sustained feeling of energy, without the slump. As a working parent, I’m used to guzzling coffee to keep me going throughout the day, and I was delighted to discover that wasn’t necessary with Living Energy. It left me with a pep in my step and a clear + alert mind that lasted throughout the day. I was surprised to make it through my workday without having to find something to get me over the slump I’m used to experiencing.
How you can experience this:
Want to experience sustained energy for yourself? Find it locally at Rosetta’s new location (68 N. Lexington Ave.), order online for local delivery, or see out-of-AVL delivery availability here.
Bonus: If you’re already a Buchi fan, they offer a monthly subscription service, too.
Things to know if you go:
- Experience: Try Buchi’s new Living Energy line
- Price: $22.10 for delivery every two weeks; $26 per case.
- Website: drinkbuchi.com
- Social: Facebook | Instagram*