Ready to bust a move, Asheville? If so, you’re not alone — our city is spinning with dance enthusiasts, from funk freaks and swing dancers to salsa extraordinares. Whether you’re a lifelong dancer or just looking to dip your toes into a new hobby, there’s something for everyone in this roundup of 20+ weekly dance events.
- Mashup Mondays at One World Brewery-West, 520 Haywood Rd. | Every Monday, The JLloyd MashUp performs genre-bending music, from funk and acid jazz to reggae.
- Emo Nite at Alley Cat Social Club, 797 Haywood Rd. | Dance to emotional music — and help decide which songs play — every first Monday of the month from 7 p.m.-2 a.m.
- Tuesday Night Funk Jam at Asheville Music Hall, 31 Patton Ave. | This weekly dance party, which features live performances from local musicians, is an institution in the Asheville music scene — the main show kicks off at 10:30 p.m., but there’s also an earlier jam at 8:30 p.m.
- Swing Dance and Lesson at Cork & Keg Bar, 86 Patton Ave. | Vintage dance club Swing Asheville offers lessons and dancing on the first and third Tuesdays of every month inside this cozy downtown wine bar + shop.
- Booty Tuesday at Shakey’s, 38 N. French Broad Ave. | Get ready to shake it at this beloved weekly dance party.
- Latin Night at One World Brewery-West, 520 Haywood Rd. | For a $5 cover, dance styles including Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Cumbia, Reggaeton — show up at 8:30 p.m. for a thirty-minute dance lesson.
- Tropical Wednesdays at Ben’s Tune Up, 195 Hilliard Ave. | DJ All of Garden runs the show at this weekly dance party, which usually runs 7-10 p.m.
- Sexy Tunes at Shakey’s, 38 N. French Broad Ave. | DJ EK Balam plays a range of hip-hop and dance tunes every Wednesday night.
- Contra Dance at Warren Wilson College, 701 Warren Wilson Rd. | This weekly contra series usually kicks off at 8 p.m. and costs $10 for members, $12 for non-members.
- Thursday Spins at Ben’s Tune Up, 195 Hilliard Ave. | Every Thursday, Leeda “Lyric” Jones spins funky tunes in the courtyard from 8-11 p.m.
- Drum Circle at Pritchard Park, 67 Patton Ave. | This free event takes place every Friday at the rounded outdoor amphitheater, with drumming kicking off around 6 p.m. and running through 9:45 p.m.
- Venus House Party at Asheville Beauty Academy, 28 Broadway St. | This 21+ dance party runs from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. every Friday.
- Free Dead Friday at Asheville Music Hall, 31 Patton Ave. | Get down to your favorite Grateful Dead songs at this weekly show.
- Collective Dance with the Asheville Movement Collective | Let go of the outside world + find sanctuary with this intentional dance community that meets every first and third Friday at 7 p.m.
- Salsa Night at Alley Cat Social Club, 797 Haywood Rd. | Join for a salsa lesson at 9 p.m. and night of dancing every second and fourth Friday of the month.
- Club Night at Alley Cat Social Club, 797 Haywood Rd. | On the first and third Friday of each month, dance it up to club music.
- Dance Party at Urban Orchard Cider-South Slope, 24 Buxton Ave. | Jam to 80s vinyl with The Free Range DJ on first Saturday of every month. And for all you hip-hop heads, Cousin TL plays rap and R&B from the late 90s and early 2000s on the third Saturday of every month.
- Feel Good Saturdays at Ben’s Tune Up, 195 Hilliard Ave. | Enjoy craft sake + fantastic bar food while getting down with tunes from musician Jaze Uries from 8-11 p.m.
- Dance Party at Asheville Beauty Academy, 28 Broadway St. | Every Saturday night, there’s a dance party that runs from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. — and every third Saturday, DJ Nato brings electrifying 80s vinyl tunes.
- Shakedown Sunday at Asheville Music Hall, 31 Patton Ave. | Rock out to a rotating lineup of live music every other Sunday.
- Collective Dance with Asheville Movement Collective | Let go of the outside world + find sanctuary with this intentional dance community that meets every Sunday morning at 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.