Now more than ever, data shows that consumers are experimenting with what it means to be “sober curious.” The result has been a spike in sales of nonalcoholic beverages and a declining interest in alcoholic drinks.
Here are a few stand-out stats:
- Total dollar sales of nonalcoholic beverages grew by 20.6% between August 2021 and 2022. Nonalcoholic beer accounted for 85.3% of those sales.
- 36% of US consumers reported to have “lost interest in drinking alcohol in general” while 13% reported to be “interested in alternative nonalcoholic beverages.”
- Sales of nonalcoholic beer, wine, and spirits rose from 0.22% of total alcohol sales in the US in 2018 to 0.47% in 2022.
- Global Market Share predicts that the nonalcoholic drinks market will grow to $30 billion by 2025.
Wanna know where you can enjoy a mocktail in Asheville? These are some of the local spots we love + what to drink there:
- Burial Beer Co. | And Yet Here You Are nonalcoholic IPA has a contemplative name and a pale, crisp flavor.
- Haywood Common | Whether shaken or stirred, the MerTail MerTini will become your go-to hydration tonic.
- Little Jumbo | The brightly botanical Shoots and Leaves mocktail has Seedlip Garden 108, Maine Root Spicy Ginger Ale, and celery bitters.
- Roll Up Herbal Bar | The Something Sweet mocktail from this pop-up bar features strawberry, peach, coconut water, and almond milk.
- W.A.L.K. | Order one of the house margaritas with Ritual NA tequila for a classic sweet, sour + citrusy treat.
Check out 18 more spots we love for NA beverages.