By Camille Nevarez-Hernandez
We don’t know about you, but we’re feeling (20)22. With 14 days until New Year’s Eve, it’s time to look at how Ashevilleans can ring in the new year.
Note: ✅ indicates that proof of a vaccine or a negative COVID-19 test is required to enter.
🎩 For the swanky
- New Years Eve Botanist & Barrel Style | Fri., Dec. 31 | 5:30-7 p.m. | Botanist & Barrel Tasting Bar + Bottle Shop, 32 Broadway St. | $67 | Enjoy champagne and unlimited pours of Pet Nat, accompanied with caviar bites, Boxcarr Cheese Raclette, and raw chocolate from Cocoa Manna. ✅
- Fare Thee Well 2021! | Fri., Dec. 31 | 8 p.m.-1 a.m. | District 42, 7 Patton Ave. | $50 | This “Asheville Black Tie” soiree features live music from Posey Royale, complimentary champagne toast, and light hors d’oeuvres + desserts.
- Asheville Symphony Presents New Year’s Eve: Queens of Soul | Fri., Dec. 31 | 8 p.m. | Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, 87 Haywood St. | $40 | Ring in 2022 like a queen (or king) with Motown, R&B, and soul music classics. We hear crowns are optional, but we feel like y’all deserve to wear them. ✅
🥂 For the party-goers
- NYE GALA 2022 | Fri., Dec. 31 | 9 p.m.-1 a.m. | Asheville Social Hall, 81 Broadway St. | $125 | Dance your way into 2022 with live DJ performances, an immersive fashion show, and speciality cocktails. Black tie fashion is encouraged.
- NYE ft Yo Mama’s Big Fat Booty Band | Fri., Dec. 31 | 8 p.m. | The Grey Eagle, 185 Clingman Ave. | $25 | Break it down with funk band Yo Mama’s Big Fat Booty Band, plus a rock-soul-blues fusion performance from Rebekah Todd & The Odyssey.
- Popperpalooza! NYE Party & Drag Show | Fri., Dec. 31 | 10 p.m.-2 a.m. | Getaway River Bar, 790 Riverside Dr. | $10 | Party with DJ Ganymede, watch a drag show, and have a toast at midnight.
- Jesse Barry & The Jam NYE Dance Party | Fri., Dec. 31 | 8:30 p.m. | Isis Music Hall, 743 Haywood Rd. | $25 | Celebrate the new year with a blues, funk & soul dance party.
- Pleasure Yourself 2022 | Fri., Dec. 31 | 8 p.m. | Bottle Riot, 37 Paynes Way | Free | RSVP to celebrate the new year with Pleasure Chest with blues, soul, and rock and roll soirée and enjoy the wine and bubbly specials running all night.
- NYE 2022 Dance Party | Fri., Dec. 31 | 7p.m.-1 a.m. | Making Whole, 754 Biltmore Ave. | Free | Ring in the New Year alcohol free, dancing, and setting intentions 2022.
- Sly Grog & Your Allure Present: NYE 2022 | Fri., Dec. 31 | 9 p.m. | The Orange Peel | $35 | Join this celebration featuring musicians Ill.Gates, Kirby Bright, Zeplinn, and special guests. The proceeds from this event will help to support Sly Grog’s staff and their reopening efforts. ✅
🥘Maybe you just want a nice meal?
Mother Ocean Seafood Market | 640 Merrimon Ave. | $240, plus $60 for tower
- Wanna get decadent without leaving the house? Place an order for Mother Ocean’s extravagant seafood tower, which includes caviar, Stone Crab claws, lobster, two dozen oysters, and other nautical delicacies. Orders are due by Dec. 28.
Jargon | 715 Haywood Rd. | Reservations required | $125
- Enjoy a five course meal featuring dishes like butter poached lobster claw, foie gras, buttered Mars Hill mushrooms, smoked pumpkin bisque, roasted beef tenderloin, and for dessert: a hazelnut chocolate bombe with kiwi compote.
Hemingway’s Cuba | 15 Page Ave. | 4:30 -11 p.m. | Reservations preferred
- Come enjoy a paella or roasted pig special with sparkling wine or cider — and party until midnight with a fun DJ.
Bargello, 7 Patton Ave. | 5-10 p.m. | Reservations required | $100
- A four course prix-fixe feast with specials like pork belly, ricotta gnocchi, kale salad, and prime rib.
Ukiah Japanese Smokehouse | 121 Biltmore Ave. | Reservations Needed |
- This Japanese Smokehouse’s tasting menu is accompanied by top-notch cocktails and live music from local band Dirty Bird.
Polanco NYE 2022 Upscale Dinner Event | 8 p.m. | 10 N Market St. | $70+
Check out the newly opened tapas bar and celebrate the new year.
Did we miss a NYE event? Tell us about it so we can add it to our list (and maybe even our agenda).