In case you missed it, Saturday is St. Patrick’s Day. 🍀And, there is no shortage of ways to celebrate.
Table of contents:
- Editors pick (#MustDos) – 3
- Think outside the Shamrock (unique + family friendly events) – 6
- Live music + brews (exactly what is sounds like, live music everywhere but breweries) – 12
- Local brewery parties (we’re called Beer City for a reason) – 5
☘ Editor’s pick…
We chose these three as our picks because they include activities + we loveee activities. (And kegs + eggs, biking, and comedy. Talk about a perfect day).
- Bike of the Irish | Wedge Foundation | 5 Foundy St. | 1:30 p.m. | Free
- Asheville on Bike’s annual spring ride takes off at 2 p.m. outside of Wedge Foundation in River Arts District. The route is 9.2 miles long + follows Asheville’s greenways. At 5 p.m. the ride officially concludes, with beer, food + music in RAD. Family-friendly + free (although donations are appreciated). Green biking gear also appreciated. 🚲
- St. Patty’s Day Bash | Hickory Tavern Asheville | 30 Town Sq. | Starting at 9 a.m.
- Kegs ‘n Eggs, March Madness with every game, green everything, games + prizes. BoogiTherapi at 2 p.m. and A Social Function keeping the party going at 6 p.m. This party has it all.
- Saturday Improv Special Armando Diaz! | Habitat Tavern + Commons | 174 Broadway St. | 9 p.m. | $5
- Armando Diaz, an NYC improv teacher + comedian (who has written for Comedy Central), will perform alongside local stand-up comedians Sahil Dhawan, Moira Goree and James Harrod. Improvisers will create scenes based on each comedian’s set. 👏
☘ Think outside of the shamrock…
It’s not all green beer here. Here are some out-of-the-box events + activities. (And, mostly all family-friendly).
- Free Beginner/Intermediate Brewing Class | Asheville Brewers Supply | 1: 30 p.m. | Free
- If you’re over 21, you can taste last month’s brew. 🍻
- March drum series with Jessie Lehmann | Sanctuary Massage Therapy | 17 Zillicoa St. | 2:30 p.m. | Free
- Half Priced Studio Fees | Fired Up! Creative Lounge | 26 Wall Street | 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Wear green for half off. Get yo’ painting on.
- Weekly Community Garden Workday | Burton Street Community Peace Gardens | 47 Bryant St. | Asheville | 10 a.m.
- Seed-starting, planting, weeding, building + harvesting. Bring your own gloves + water bottle.
- Blood Drive with American Red Cross | Diamond Brand Outdoors | 1378 Hendersonville Rd.
- Everyone who donates will receive 20% off any item at Diamond Brand Outdoors.
- Butler Boys 2nd Annual Celebrity Basketball Game! | Asheville High School | 3 – 7 p.m.
- Calling all football fans.🏈 Meet Darius Slay, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Reshad Jones, Marcus Gilchrist + more, as they ball a game of basketball, hosted by Asheville’s local Crezdon Butler, a professional football player with the Canadian Football Leauge.
☘ Live music + brews
And there is no shortage. Here are the live music listings at bars + venues. (Note: The breweries are below.)
- St Patrick’s Day at Ben’s Tune Up, presented by Jameson Irish Whiskey | Starting at 2 p.m. | Free
- Jameson Irish Whiskey specials all day. Free music from DJ Oso Rey, a local songwriters/producer/DJ starting at 10 p.m.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration with Four Leaf Peat (traditional Irish band) | The Grey Eagle | 185 Clingman Ave | 9 p.m. | $12
- An authentic celebration of Irish music + song
- Alexa Rose | Isis Music Hall | 743 Haywood Rd. | $10
- Pleasures and The Hooliganz St. Patty’s slam! | Salvage Station | 468 Riverside Dr. | Starting at 8 p.m. | $5
- Live at Aloft ft. Queen Bee & the Honeylovers | Aloft Asheville | 51 Biltmore | 8 p.m.
- Demon Waffle at the One Stop | Asheville Music Hall | 10 p.m.
- Dance the night away with Ska, Punk + Reggae music. Donation at the door.
- 2nd Annual St. Paddy’s Ballyhoo! | The Conundrum Speakeasy | Starting at 4 p.m. | Free
- Live music from DJ Chilligan + Bardic Alchemy.
- St. Party’s Day at Banks Ave. | Starting at 9 p.m. | Free
- Live music by DJ Kipper, photo booth + Shamrock costume contest.
- St. Patty’s day jam | The Barrelhouse AVL | 1459 Merrimon
- Music by the paper crowns starting at 9 p.m., $5 banana-infused Jameson + $4 green beers
- 28 Pages at Shakey’s | Ole Shakey’s | 790 Riverside Dr. | 5 – 8 p.m.
- St. Patricks Day Breakfast & Irish Whiskey Special | Casablanca Cigar Bar | 10 a.m. – noon
- Irish breakfast (corned beef hash & eggs), complimentary with any bar purchase
- Green Beer with the WNC Green Party | Jack of the Wood | 3 – 5 p.m.
- Traditional Irish music + live music.
☘ We’re called Beer City a reason
All the parties at local breweries. Most include music + food. All include beer.
- St. Patrick’s Day Shindig | Hillman Beer | 25 Sweeten Creek Rd. | Starting at 3 p.m.
- Live music from Station 7 of Atlanta + Asheville Firefighters Pipes and Drums.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at SCB! | Sweeten Creek Brewing | 1127 Sweeten Creek Rd.
- They’ll be releasing their Irish Red beer, paired with a Corned Beef & Cabbage plate. Live music starting at 6:30.
- Live Music with Lyric | Highland Brewing Company | 7 p.m.
- Chill out with a beer + local singer-songwriter + musician Leeda “Lyric” Jones.
- St. Patrick’s Day w/ Mountain Bitters (Celtic, Folk Trio) | One World Brewing | 10 Patton Ave. | 9 p.m.
- Mountain Bitters is a local acoustic folk trio, which consists of Emmalee Hunnicutt on Cello, guitar & vocals, Gretchen Caverly on 5-string viola, fiddle & vocal.
- Leigh & Corey | French Broad Brewing | 6 p.m.
- Local Roots Rock, husband & wife duo.