Did you know? The number of full-time virtual or blended schools grew in enrollment by nearly half a million students in 2017-18. Enter: Coast to Mountains Preparatory Academy (CM Prep), a new private school in NC serving students in grades K-10, that is now accepting students for the 2023-24 school year.
The college and career preparatory academy is dedicated to setting NC students up for success through tailored offerings like small group instruction, personalized support, flexible schedules to meet each family’s needs, and opportunities to socialize with other students.
CM Prep is designed to serve every student’s educational journey and propel them forward so they can safely learn in a way that’s right for them. That’s exactly what Phoenix Hill’s mother was looking for in January when she realized his traditional school was no longer a right fit.
“My son Phoenix made the transition to online learning after facing bullying issues at school. Since we made the move, I’ve seen him flourish at CM Prep. His grades have improved and he’s getting hands-on learning experiences that he can do at his own pace,” says Jennifer Hill. “His teachers have been attentive, communicative and supportive — we’re looking forward to starting sixth grade with CM Prep.”
In addition to core courses, starting in 6th grade, students will also:
- Take a career exploration course and identify their strengths and how they apply to a profession.
- Discover their future plans and receive help choosing the right major or prepare to dive right into a career.
- Take career-focused courses in high-demand fields including Programming and Game Design, Entrepreneurship, General Management, and Network and Cybersecurity.
- Gain college credit and prepare for certification exam — all while earning a high school diploma.
“Our goal is to create a community of passionate students and emerging leaders through programs focused on individualized student needs — empowering students and families to have control over their education as they pursue their interests,” says Dr. Daniel Perry, vice president of private school management at Stride K12.
“Thanks to support through programs like the Education Student Accounts (ESA+) and Opportunity Scholarship, we can provide even more students with a world of possibilities through quality education.”
In many cases, scholarship awards fully cover the cost of tuition.
- NC’s Opportunity Scholarship program is an income-based initiative that helps families pay tuition and fees, awarding up to nearly $6,500 for the 2023-204 school year.
- Education Student Accounts (ESA+) is available for students with disabilities to help pay tuition and fees, and cover expenses including therapy, tutoring services and educational technology.
CM Prep’s enrollment consultants walk eligible families and students through the scholarship application processes.
Interested? Request more information.
Poll: Do you have a K-10 student in your household? Let us know.