If there are two things the 828 loves, it’s the holidays and our pets. Check out these local resources to ensure nobody is ruffing it this season.
Fetch some goodies
Is your pet on the naughty or nice list? Either way, we think they deserve a little something special.
- Patton Avenue Pet Company | With three locations across town helmed by professional pet obsessives, it’s easy to obtain pet food, supplies, and advice.
- Asheville Pet Supply | This supply store caters to dogs, cats, fish, and birds and offers a wide range of holistic supplements, including CBD and mushroom-based treatments.
- Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming | In addition to pet food, this spot offers grooming services and a bakery with all natural oven-baked dog treats and jerky.
Give a helping
We pet parents know taking care of our pets can be costly. Here’s how you can help folks facing financial burdens.
- Asheville Cat Weirdos | What started as a Facebook group in 2016 has morphed into a 100% donation-based assistance organization that helps area folks with unplanned vet costs for their cats.
- Community Partnership for Pets | This local resource offers a pet food pantry, emergency vet assistance, and low-cost vaccination and microchip clinics.
- Meals on Wheels | This group provides pet food and supplies to homebound individuals.
- Asheville Humane Society | The AHS offers monthly affordable pet care clinics to treat injuries and illnesses and provide preventative care, plus medical + financial assistance.
Asheville is full of bars + breweries that are great for our pets, but why let the fun stop there?
- whosagooddog? | Speaking of breweries, this new business uses upcycled grains from area breweries to make healthy + tasty organic dog treats. Find them at Highland Brewing Co. and New Belgium.
- Shiloh & Gaines | Leashed pets can enjoy this brand spankin’ new neighborhood pub alongside their owners.
- Bookmark our guide to the city’s most dog-friendly destinations so your pooch can live its best life at all times.