Your home should be just as memorable as the life you live in it, but choosing how to design a new home or renovation to support + enhance your lifestyle can make it hard to break ground. That’s why the Parade of Homes — happening across WNC Oct., 8-9 and Oct. 15-16, 2022 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. — is a home owner’s dream.
Produced by the Home Builders Association, the free event features more than 30 tours of recently constructed homes ft. the latest in building trends, technology + interior design so you can learn what you like (and what you don’t) when building your own dream home.
This year’s tour includes five homes by Buchanan Construction, with the chance to view and take home floor plans and design Selection Guides (think: paint colors, cabinetry and countertop selections, and more) for inspiration. Tour goers also get to speak with builders, designers and architects about their own decision-making processes and pro tips (read: free professional input ).
Here are four must-see homes to add to your list:
- The Kimberly Ave. Modern | 462 Kimberly Ave., Asheville
- The Bradford Cottage | 8 Fay Jones Ln., Black Mountain
- The Sanctuary at Crest Mountain | 65 Destination Dr., Asheville
- The Oakley Modern | 220 Torch Light Way, Asheville
Pro tip: Each of these homes is raffling off a custom twin-bed porch swing (delivery + install included - yes, please) with proceeds benefiting four local charities.
Tips before you tour:
- Plan which homes you want to visit ahead of time.
- No tickets are required for tours, but sign up for a reminder.
- Pick up a copy of the Parade of Homes magazine — free from Buchanan Construction.
- Make a weekend out of it — enjoy some of WNC’s best restaurants along your tour route and peep some fall leaves along the way. 🍂
Can’t make it? Take a virtual tour of select locations at any time.