Picture this: The kids are away at school (or have flown the coop for good), you’re no longer on the clock, and you’re ready to enjoy this time.
Pro tip: A ~2.5-hour drive from AVL, Columbia, SC is an ideal location for your next road trip. Here’s why:
- Outdoor attractions, from high-energy thrills to serene parks and gardens
- Signature fall events like Jam Room Music Festival and the SC State Fair — plus, SEC football
- Golf courses for players of all skill levels
- A wealth of arts and culture, from Trustus Theatre and the SC Philharmonic to the Columbia Museum of Art + more
- A vibrant food and bev scene (including the city’s first riverfront biergarten)
- Plenty of places to stay