Want to celebrate the day of thanks, but not planning on cooking a full dinner this year? Don’t quit Thanksgiving cold turkey — we’ve got you covered with where to dine-in + carry-out for Thanksgiving dinner. What could be butter?
Where to dine-in:
Bargello, 7 Patton Ave. | Thanksgiving Day, 12-8 p.m.
- A prix-fixe, multi-course meal that includes autumnal salads, deep fried turkey breast, and sides. We’re talking chive whipped potatoes, herb + sausage stuffing, and braised collard greens. Reserve your spot by calling or booking online.
Blue Mountain Pizza and Brewery, 55 N. Main St., Weaverville | Thanksgiving Day, 12-3 p.m.
- The 17th Annual Free Thanksgiving Dinner includes a meal with turkey, ham, potatoes, and all the trimmings. This dinner is catered toward those who might not have a place to go for the holiday. Last year, the restaurant fed almost 450 people and they hope to reach at least that number again this season.
Hemingway’s Cuba, 15 Page Ave. | Thanksgiving Day, 12-8 p.m.
- Stop in for its regular full menu or the Thanksgiving meal which includes herb-brined turkey breast, Cuban inspired sides, and homemade pie slices. Book a reservation online.
Isa’s French Bistro, 1 Battery Park Ave. | Thanksgiving Day, 12-8 p.m.
- Head downtown for a three course prix fixe menu with entrée selections of herb-brined turkey breast, salmon, vegan sausage ragout, and steak frites. Reserve your spot online or call.
Pack’s Tavern, 20 S. Spruce St. | Thanksgiving Day, 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Reservations for this annual buffet are full, but walk-ins are welcome. The meal features fare such as turkey, dressing, glazed ham, mashed potatoes, collards, sweet potatoes, and desserts.
Post 25 Kitchen & Lounge, 2155 Hendersonville Rd. | Thanksgiving Day, 12-8 p.m.
- Indoor + outdoor seating available for a homestyle dinner featuring an entree of turkey, ham, or prime rib. Call for reservations.
Sovereign Remedies, 29 Market St. | Thanksgiving Day, 12-4:30 p.m.
- Chef Terri Terrell will cook this Southern-style, sit-down dinner, featuring a seasonal soup and salad, turkey with fixings like herbed dressing, corn pudding, and collard greens. Reserve a table online.
Where to carry-out:
Bonnie and Chive | Orders must be placed by Sunday, Nov. 20
- Choose between Tahini Caramel Apple and Chocolate Chai Pumpkin or get both pies for $60. Fill out an online form to place your order.
Bear’s Smokehouse, 135 Coxe Ave. | Cold pickup Wednesday, Nov. 23 or hot pickup Thursday, Nov. 24
- Choose Turkey Day classics a la carte, or purchase feasts that feed up to eight people.
Black Bear BBQ, 800 Fairview Rd. | Email order by Tuesday, Nov. 15
- Choose from a half or whole smoked turkey or chicken for the main dish. Other entrees sold by the pound include smoked turkey breast, Chinese five-spice pork belly, smoked sausage, and veggie BBQ.
Buxton Hall Barbecue, 32 Banks Ave. | Orders must be placed by Saturday, Nov. 19
- Order handmade pies in flavors including caramel spice banana pudding, sweet potato, and chocolate + orange pecan to pick up Nov. 23.
Doc Brown’s BBQ, 1320 Smokey Park Hwy. | Orders must be placed by Monday., Nov. 22
- Call for smoked turkey breast, mac and cheese, and sweet potato souffle.
Laughing Seed, 40 Wall St. | Pick up Wednesday, Nov. 23 from 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- This entirely vegan Thanksgiving offers a fauxcueterie plate with dried and pickled veggies, sides like maple bourbon mashed sweet potatoes, and cranberry orange cheesecake for dessert.
Luella’s Bar-B-Que, 501 Merrimon Ave. and 33 Town Square Blvd., Suite 110 | Pick up from Monday, Nov. 21-Wednesday, Nov. 23
- Make it easy on yourself and get Luella’s Thank-Fully Complete Meal which includes turkey, three family sized sides, gravy, apple-cranberry relish, and a dessert. Or, pick and choose from meats, sides, and desserts.
Moe’s Original BBQ, 4 Sweeten Creek Rd., | Orders must be placed by Friday, Nov. 18
- Grab meat like smoked turkey, spiral sliced ham, Boston butt, or pulled pork, plus sides like sweet potato casserole and mac and cheese. Call (828) 505-8282 or stop by to place your order.
New Stock Pantry, 175 Clingman Ave. | Pick up on Wednesday, Nov. 23
- Snag classics like cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, gravy, and apple or pumpkin pies that you can quickly warm at home.
Red Fiddle Vittles, 1800 Hendersonville Rd. | Orders must be placed by Wednesday, Nov. 16
- Choose from roasted turkey, hickory roasted beef tenderloin, or vegan butternut squash lasagna and enjoy sides like glazed sweet potatotoes, cornbread stuffing, and arugala and apple salad.
Rocky’s Hot Chicken Shack, 1455 Patton Ave. and 3749 Sweeten Creek Rd. | Order by Sunday, Nov. 20
- Pimento cheese, deviled eggs, mac and cheese, and banana pudding are highlights from this menu. Served cold with heating instructions.
Where to shop:
Eat More Bakery, Various locations | Orders must be placed by Sunday, Nov. 20
- Gluten-free and vegan pies, rolls, and pie crusts.
- Pre-order whole, local hams + turkeys, or grab ready-to-bake pies, biscuits, and any other ingredient you may need handy in your kitchen for the week.
NY Butcher Shoppe, 200 Julian Shoals Dr., Arden
- Make your centerpiece a pre-brined Joyce Farms turkey. Reserve ASAP at (828) 676-0594.
Table Wine, 1550 Hendersonville Rd.
- Pick up a “Thanksgiving Six-Pick,” featuring six wines that are curated to match with any meal.