Want to celebrate the day of thanks, but not planning on cooking a full dinner this year? Don’t quit Thanksgiving cold turkey — we’ve got you covered with where to dine in + carry out for Thanksgiving dinner. What could be butter?
Where to dine in:
Bargello, 7 Patton Ave. | Thanksgiving Day, 12-8 p.m.
- The prix fixe, multi-course meal includes autumnal salad, turkey, and sides. We’re talking chive whipped potatoes, herb + sausage stuffing, and brussels sprouts. Reserve your spot by calling or booking online.
Benne on Eagle, 35 Eagle St. | Thanksgiving Day, 12-6 p.m.
- Savor herb-roasted turkey breast, red wine braised short ribs, braised collard + mustard greens, and more at the “Thankful on the Block” Thanksgiving dinner.
Blue Mountain Pizza and Brewery, 55 N. Main St., Weaverville | Thanksgiving Day, 12-3 p.m.
- The 18th Annual Free Thanksgiving Dinner includes a meal with turkey, ham, potatoes, and all the trimmings. This dinner is catered toward those who might not have a place to go for the holiday. You can also place an order for pickup before Monday, Nov. 13.
Fork Lore, 43 Town Square Blvd. | Thanksgiving Day, 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Call to make reservations for a family-style feast of elevated Southern fare.
Isa’s French Bistro, 1 Battery Park Ave. | Thanksgiving Day, 12-8 p.m.
- Head downtown for a three-course prix fixe menu — reserve your spot online or call.
Pack’s Tavern, 20 S. Spruce St. | Thanksgiving Day, 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Reservations for this annual buffet are full, but walk-ins are welcome. The meal features fare such as turkey, dressing, glazed ham, mashed potatoes, collards, sweet potatoes, and desserts.
Post 25 Kitchen & Lounge, 2155 Hendersonville Rd. | Thanksgiving Day, 12-8 p.m.
- Indoor + outdoor seating available for a homestyle dinner featuring an entree of turkey, ham, or prime rib — call for reservations or place an order by Friday, Nov. 17 to pick up platters on Thanksgiving Day.
RendezVous, 184 New Haw Creek Rd. | Thanksgiving Day, 12-5:45 p.m.
- There’s still seating available at noon for the French-influenced prix fixe menu including autumn squash soup and pumpkin spiced cake with cream cheese frosting.
Sovereign Remedies, 29 Market St. | Thanksgiving Day, 2-6:15 p.m.
- This sit-down dinner features a seasonal soup and salad, turkey with fixings like herb dressing, and sweet potato and green bean casseroles — reserve a table online.
The Blackbird, 47 Biltmore Ave. | Thanksgiving Day, 10 a.m.- 9 p.m.
- Make a reservation for the whole family to dine on three courses of seasonal Southern fare.
Where to carry out:
All Day Darling, 102 Montford Ave. | Send an Instagram DM to order
- Order dinner rolls or three flavors of pie to add to your spread. Pay for your order at pickup, available from Monday, Nov. 20 through Wednesday, Nov. 22.
Baked Pie Company, 4 Long Shoals Rd., Ste. A | Order by Saturday, Nov. 11
- Choose from 16 pie flavors to end your meal on a sweet note.
Bear’s Smokehouse, 135 Coxe Ave. | Cold pickup Wednesday, Nov. 22 or hot pickup Thursday, Nov. 23
- Choose Turkey Day classics a la carte, or purchase feasts that feed up to eight people.
- Choose from a half or whole smoked turkey or chicken for the main dish. Other entrees sold by the pound include smoked turkey breast, Chinese five-spice pork belly, smoked sausage, and veggie BBQ.
City Bakery, 88 Charlotte St. | Pick up Wednesday, Nov. 22
- Find the perfect herbed French sandwich loaf for stuffing or creative carbs to have on the side, like cranberry sage rolls.
Doc Brown’s BBQ, 1320 Smokey Park Hwy., Candler | Pickup on Thanksgiving Day from 12 to 4 p.m.
- Call or email for smoked turkey breast, mac and cheese pie, sweet potato souffle, and more.
Laughing Seed, 40 Wall St. | Order by phone or in person before Saturday, Nov. 18
- This entirely vegan Thanksgiving menu offers a fauxcuterie plate with dried and pickled veggies, sides like maple-bourbon mashed sweet potatoes, and caramel turtle cheesecake for dessert.
Luella’s Bar-B-Que, 501 Merrimon Ave. + 33 Town Square Blvd., Ste. 110 | Pick up from Monday, Nov. 20 to Wednesday, Nov. 22
- Make it easy on yourself and get Luella’s Thank-Fully Complete Meal which includes turkey, three family-sized sides, gravy, apple-cranberry relish, and a dessert. Or pick and choose from meats, sides, and desserts.
Moe’s Original BBQ, 4 Sweeten Creek Rd. | Orders must be placed by Thursday, Nov. 16
- Grab meat like smoked turkey, spiral sliced ham, Boston butt, or pulled pork — plus sides like sweet potato casserole and mac and cheese. Call or stop by to place your order.
New Stock Pantry, 191 Lyman St., Ste. 115 | Confirm pickup date upon ordering
- Snag sausage sage dressing, cranberry sauce, or turkey roulade that you can quickly warm at home.
Red Fiddle Vittles, 1800 Hendersonville Rd. | Pick up on Wednesday, Nov. 22
- Choose from roasted turkey, hickory roasted beef tenderloin, or stuffed baby pumpkins, and enjoy sides like glazed sweet potatoes, sausage and chestnut stuffing, and arugula and butternut squash salad.
Rocky’s Hot Chicken Shack, 1455 Patton Ave. + 3749 Sweeten Creek Rd. | Order by Sunday, Nov. 19
- Pimento cheese, deviled eggs, mac and cheese, and banana pudding are highlights from this menu. Served cold with heating instructions.
Root Down, 468 Riverside Dr. | Pick up Tuesday, Nov. 21
- The soul food spot is putting a twist on turkey by serving it up in gumbo with chicken and smoked andouille sausage — plus, sides like cheesy grits, collards, and red beans.
Twisted Laurel, 130 College St. | Order by Friday, Nov. 17
- Order a feast for six with all the fixings and an option to add a pie.
Where to shop:
- Pre-order whole, local hams + turkeys, or grab ready-to-bake pies, biscuits, and any other ingredient you may need handy in your kitchen for the week.
NY Butcher Shoppe, 200 Julian Shoals Dr., Arden
- Make your centerpiece a pre-brined Joyce Farms turkey. Reserve ASAP at (828) 676-0594.
Table Wine, 1550 Hendersonville Rd.
- Pick up a “Thanksgiving Six-Pick,” featuring six wines that are curated to match with any meal.